Sunday, February 6, 2011

Papertrey Ink Anniversary Challenge, Part 1

(Please note, this is the first of THREE posts! This is a total whirlwind pace for me!)
Papertrey Ink (PTI) is celebrating their fourth anniversary this month. I've long been an admirer of their classy, clean designs, but frankly, their international shipping charges give me pause. So imagine my excitement when, as part of their anniversary party, they offered a free Anniversary Tag download, with an accompanying challenge! One drawback... I was out most of the day, so only discovered this great giveaway/challenge at dinnertime, with a deadline of 7 am tomorrow! Since I don't do early mornings, the supplies came out right after dinner. Here is my first creation:


The sweet rainbow sentiment is from design team member Melissa Bickford. I kept the design simple by colouring it with Prismacolor pencils and popping it up on my most spectrum-like patterned paper (which, confession time, actually comes from a magazine insert a few months back. Frugal R Us, what can I say?) Please remember, I'm crafting and photographing at night, which is not my best time. I'm a natural light kinda girl. I've tried to show it as best as I could!

Supplies: white cardstock, found patterned paper, digital PTI image, prismacolor pencils, pop dot tape Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

That's my favourite freebie of the day! I love how you featured that cute little rainbow against the striped paper!

Angela said...

Yep, my favorite tag as well (get out of my head, Em!). Way to stretch those supplies, Linds!!

Meg said...

Tee-hee, you crack me up with the reusing of the magazine insert! Great card as a result, too!

Donelda said...

So cute, love the rainbow on all those stripes :-)