Thursday, October 18, 2012

Last Two Unity Challenges

Yes! I have all eight Unity World Card Making Day challenges completed! 



Challenge #1: Shaped Cards was a bit of a stretch for me, just because I don't generally make a lot of shaped cards. But eventually I came up with this casket-shaped Halloween card (that won out over a headstone shape). The base is grey cardstock with sponged edges, with several images from the Unity/Echo Park set Fright Night. While I could have stamped and cut out the bats, I went with a punch instead. :D The spooky silhouette tree is inspired both by the current Simon Says Stamp challenge (the bottom right picture) and my friend Jen's awesome Halloween card. 
I saved what is for me the easiest challenge for last:



Challenge #3: Embossing is a no-brainer for me. In fact, I think Unity had me in mind when they said challenges couldn't be combined, since just about every card I make has embossing! This one has clear and white embossing, as well as some colouring. Of course there's also stickles on his hat, liquid pearls on his nose and glossy accents on his patchwork heart. 
But wait, there's more! I'm going to try to meet the extra hurdle of completing Unity's two regular challenges. You'll just have to check back before Sunday to see if I manage this extra feat. :D 



 Supplies: (Halloween) grey, yellow, orange, purple & black cardstock, vellum, Unity/Echo Park fright night stamps, Versafine onyx black & Memento grey flannel inks, clear embossing powder, Spellbinders circle dies, pop-dot tape; (joy) white & Stampin' Up real red cardstock, DCWV patterned paper, Unity November 2011 Kit of the Month (take your time) & oh! joy! stamps, Versafine onyx black, Colorbox frost white, Versamark & Stampin' Up real red inks, Prismacolour pencils, Spellbinders circle & scalloped circle dies, frosted lace Stickles, real red Liquid Pearls, glossy accents

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

Holy moly, congrats on completing all the challenges! Wow, and these two cards are amazing. You've had quite the surge of mojo! Haha. I love the coffin-shaped card - it's so clever and the sponged edges are perfect, too. And of course your snowman is adorable!

Heather said...

A fabulous card Lindsey, great colour and inking. Your details are stunning, especially those cute bats!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challene

Jessi Fogan said...

That casket is so creepy-cool. Love that silhouetted tree (I want to CASE Jen's card too!)
And that snowman? I want to smoosh his face :) In the good 'what a cutie' way, not in the destroying your snowman way.

Ahem.

Love how you've coloured him! I think I need more coffee :)

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous cards Lindsey :-) I do love the spooky coffin shaped one ,,, FAB ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Jen W. said...

Whoop whoop on conquering all the challenges!! That's awesome! Shaped cards scare me to death but you rocked this coffin card! Love the bat punches. And that snowman really is cute - love his sparkly hat. :)