Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Chicks and Butterflies

I have another entry for the last ever Chick Challenges with {ippity} challenge! I was struggling with the second layout they offered, but was then inspired by -- of all things -- my great-niece's newly redecorated bedroom. She's turning six soon, and as with many girls that age, loves pink, and princesses, and fairies... and butterflies. Her room is so pink, it seems to glow, and in one corner, there is a large butterfly mobile with additional butterfly wall decals. Those details coalesced into this:



The photo doesn't capture all the glimmer and shimmer I managed to pack onto this card. I used two colours of pearlescent ink, a Crafter's Workshop butterfly stencil, two images from Bevy of Butterflies and a sentiment that I stamped three times, including a second-generation stamping in the pink and purple. The glittery ribbon and some bling up the shine factor, too. I think it's a perfect card for my girly-girl's birthday. ;) 

Supplies: white & purple cardstock, Unity Bevy of Butterflies & (?) stamps, Brilliance pearlescent orchid & pearlescent purple inks, Crafter's Workshop mini butterfly ballet template, Stampin' Up basic rhinestones, 3/4" square punch, $ store ribbon, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE this for a girly-girl! That stencil is gorgeous (and I am adding in the shimmer & sparkle in my mind to do it justice!) She's going to LOVE it!

Karin said...

Hi Lindsey :) Gosh, it is so refreshing to see a non-holiday card...lol! It's not even December and I'm so burned out. This is perfectly girly and the butterfly background is just amazing! Love the colors, glitter and perfectly placed bling!

Lisa Arana said...

This is so cool. It reminds me of those spray painted t-shirts. Love it.

Jocelyn Olson said...

Swoon! That is such a fabulous background! It looks air-brushed. LOVE!!

Anonymous said...

This is lovely, Lindsey. Your back ground is beautiful; I am guessing you did it with a stencil.

Jen W. said...

Your stenciled background is awesome! Soft and crisp at the same time. Does that make sense??