Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Christmas is Coming?

Christmas IS coming, particularly at Crafty Creations Challenges this week. Our generous sponsor is Beccy's Place, where some terrific holiday images and sentiments have been recently added to her inventory. I chose to work with one of her intricately-designed ornaments. 



I started by making the background panel; I was aiming for a subtle Christmas tree background. After tearing my mask, I sponged peeled paint distress ink before stamping several tree boughs in iced spruce (off-stamping them first so they wouldn't be too obvious). Then I partially inked a music stamp in gold and stamped it along the left side.  I edged the entire panel in gold and even sponged the corners with a bit of gold. (Rare for me; it's practically distressing my card!) The ornament is shimmery with Twinkling H2Os plus a bit of gold pen. The image actually comes with its own bow, but since I wanted it to "hang", I trimmed off the paper ribbon so I could add my own. ;) The entire panel is popped up on the green mat before adhering to the card base. I'm adding this card to the current Paper Players' challenge (PP#122) to create a CAS card featuring gold or silver. 
Wait till you see what the other designers have for your inspiration this week! If you've been procrastinating about getting those Christmas cards done, this might just be the extra nudge you need. ;)





Supplies: white & Stampin' Up old olive cardstock, watercolour paper, Beccy's Place holly ornament, Hero Arts Decorate You, Local King Rubber Stamp music background & Unity/Jillibean Soup Christmas Eve Chowder stamps, peeled paint & iced spruce distress, Versamark & Colorbox gold inks, pirate's gold embossing powder, Twinkling H2Os, gold gel pen, red crochet cotton, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Lindsey! Your card is gorgeous, I really like the gold sponging!

Anonymous said...

This is lovely Lindsey. The background to the ball is perfect with the subtle images and sponging. Your real red twine looks great too. I often wimp out and draw the string for my baubles but the real thing looks better.
Heather

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE that real bow! It's perfect :) And my goodness, all that SPONGING fabulousness...and layers of stamping...totally gorgeous.

Je@net said...

Gorgeous card, love the background, the ball and the warm colors!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, wauw, this card is super super gorgeous!!! I love the sponging that you did, with the teared edge, that's genius! And a perfect frame for the ornament this way!!! A true beauty!!
Hugs, Wendy

Jaydee said...

Lindsey, your sponging is a masterclass! Your bauble is beautiful and I love that you have real string on the ornament. Fabulous card. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

LeAnne said...

This is so pretty...your sponging is beautiful, as is your ornament! Thanks SO much for playing with my Paper Players challenge this week!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful! I love the sponged panel with the stamped boughs! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! I love your background stamping--LOVE that ornament too! FAB card all around:)

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty! I love the torn edge and that gorgeous ornament image. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Pryn said...

Gorgeous card with a fabulous CAS design!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Linds! I love how you did the faux torn edge. This card is amazing!

Jen W. said...

This is so cool! I love your Christmas tree background. The rough edge, the off stamping and the subtle Christmas note - gorgeous! Love the bow too. :)