Friday, November 2, 2012

Friends with Flair... and Bonus Tag!

And suddenly it's Friday again... not to mention November. No idea how that happened. ;)
Other than days of rain, we were unaffected by Hurricane Sandy, and I hope all is well with you, too, if you're reading this.
November for me means Christmas card-making kicks into high gear. I like to have most of them done by December, so I can focus on all the other Christmas tasks. So of course I went for a Christmas card today for Friends with Flair.



I decided to start the month by following the sketch for the Unity Kit of the Month sketch challenge. This cute little snowman is from the December 2010 kit, Just Be You. Since he's a fairly simple line drawing, I kept the colouring simple, too, but did add some interest with Stickles on his hatband and cheek, black enamel accents on his eyes and mouth, and glossy accents on his heart. Full disclosure: the sentiment is from a Jillibean Soup set, not a KOM, but I hope that doesn't disqualify the card. The sentiment is embossed in red to match his heart. I was going to use a snowflake-embossed panel behind him, but the patterned paper added needed colour. 

And here's the promised bonus tag! 


I am not a Tim Holtz-type tag-maker. My tags are to put on presents, not to frame and put on display. :D So by definition I keep them simple. I started by embossing the snowman in white, sponged and edged the tag in blue and added the rhinestones and ribbons. 
Check out the Unity website for lots of inspiration -- probably some other Christmas projects, too! And just for a change, there's a weekend sale, too. Hope your weekend is dry and warm! 

Supplies: (card) white & teal cardstock, DCWV patterned paper, Unity December 2010 Kit of the Month ( Just Be You) snowman, Unity/Jillibean soup Christmas Eve Chowder sentiment, Versamark & Memories black ink, Ranger rich red embossing powder, rock candy distress Stickles, Glossy Accents, black Enamel Accents, Spellbinders circle die, Marvy-Uchida corner-rounding punch, silver elastic cord, pop-dot tape (tag) white cardstock, Unity Snowbody Warms My Heart stamp, Colorbox frost white & Brilliance sky blue inks, Wow! white embossing powder, frosted lace Stickles, Stampin' Up basic rhinestones, $ store ribbon & iridescent cord, hole puncher  

Pin It Now!

27 comments:

Julie Odil said...

I love snowmen! This is great!

Carol L said...

Your card and tag are both cute! I love those snowflakes and that adorable little snowman! NJ!

Ruby said...

Cute card.

Lisa Arana said...

Hi linds, sorry I have been MIA. I have been missing seeing what you have been up to. I looooooove all the cards I have missed. Thank you for your sweet comments and friendship sweets. I will be by more! Hugs.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That snow man is a real cutie! Love the bonus tag!

Mary said...

What a sweet card and tag! I am such a big fan of CAS. Love it.

JPScraps said...

The card and tag are terrific! I love the snowmen :-)

Crystal said...

Cute card and I love that fun tag!

Lucy E. said...

Cute card and tag! I love the snowman on the tag.

Emily Keaton said...

I'm with you on making tags simple--I *use* mine, too!! LOVE these festive snowmen. Adorable projects today!

Barb King said...

That's cute, and I think the paper is perfect. Barb

jennifer mitten said...

I love snowmen and your card is cute. That background is fabulous...

Unknown said...

I love these. And I agree - November is XMAS card making month for me too (and gift making month!)

Love your cheerful and bright snowmen!

LauraJane:) said...

Nice embossing on your tag.

Anonymous said...

Your layers are really so beautifully co-ordinated and I like the attention to little details like rounded corners and stickled hatbands. The background paper is very pretty.

I'm with you on the the tags. Mine are always made to be used and are usually made at the last minute!

Heather

Cheri said...

What a cute card! And I like your simple tag. :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Fabulous projects, Linds! I love both snowmen but the tag is a standout. Who says you can't frame that? :P

Jen M said...

I love that tag!!!! Totally awesome.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I loooooooove that joy card--LOVE how you added that silver floss!!! FUN design!!

And your bonus tag--SUPER pretty! LOVE the added gems:)

Chunyuan said...

awesome card and tag.

Jessi Fogan said...

I hear you on the tags - they can be fun to do, but when they're going on a present....they'd better be simple or my crafty heart will bust!
Love that CUTE snowman! And yes, where the heck did November come from? I didn't see it coming!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Such a fun snowman!! Love it! He has this goofy look that I really like! And love the blue on the hat! The tag is so pretty as well!!
Hugs, Wendy

marilynprestonn said...

Look at you Lindsey! Love these snowmen and the tag. WOW! Great to see your fine work. I did miss coming here, but you haven't seen the last of me. LOL Hugsxo

I do enjoy being a grammy, it is the best!

Janna Werner said...

Lindsey, these are so cute. I love the tag so much, pastel + clean style is a perfect match! Janna

Sandy said...

I love snowmen - especially snowmen with big hearts! Your tag is very pretty! Thanks for visiting my blog
Sugar!
sandy

Jen W. said...

Love all the little shiny, glossy details on your snow dude and the silver twine is perfect! Gorgeous inking on your tag too.

Emily Keaton said...

Lindsey, you were a FWF winner for this post for the Nov. 2 FWF--CONGRATS!! Be sure that you see this post:
http://theunitystampco.blogspot.com/2012/11/friends-with-flair-winners_5.html

Have fun!!