Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday Friends with {Easter} Flair

TGIF! I think my sincerest hope for you on this first Friday of spring is... that it is or will be spring where you are soon! (I know, it's opposite below the Equator. Believe me, my readership there is small. :P) Perhaps because it continues to be so wintry in my backyard, I am in the mood to make spring cards. So today's Unity Friends with Flair card has spring colours, tulips, and will be one of my Easter cards:


I didn't think I'd be able to use the colour inspiration for this month's Unity {be inspired} Challenge, (so many!!!) but then Sizzix was nice enough to offer this free patterned paper download! It seemed to capture the spirit of the colours quite nicely. I also used the current card sketch. 
Since it's both a spring and an Easter card, I will be adding it to Simon Says Stamp's current challenge as well. And look! The patterned paper qualifies me for the current Moxie Fab World chevron challenge, too. 
If you're looking for some inspiration this weekend, be sure to check out all the Friends with Flair entries! 
















Supplies: white, Bazzill basics melon & Stampin Up certainly celery cardstock, Sizzix digital patterned paper, Unity stamps (Giving it all Meaning, sentiment from Sweet Paper Pals; tulips unknown), Memento bamboo leaves & Versamark inks, WOW white embossing powder, Laurentien markers, Spellbinders tulips border die, Twinery Caribbean twine, unknown flower brad, dimensionals

Pin It Now!

25 comments:

Linda said...

what a lovely card. Happy Easter too you!

Ruby said...

Very pretty card.

Laurie said...

Beautiful job with the challenge; it will make a wonderful EAster card.

Angeline Choo said...

love all the fun colors in this card!

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful card, Linds! You used both the sketch and colours perfectly. I love that die cut border and your tag is the cutest!

Julie Odil said...

Great card! You nailed the colors! I'm stumbling myself, trying to figure out how to use SO many. I might just opt for the sketch challenge and leave it at that. You did wonderfully! Soooo waiting for spring!

Cynthia said...

Fabulous take on this month's inspiration sketch and color challenge!

Kary said...

So very pretty!! Love the colours and sweet flowers. I'm never good with colour challenges but your card is perfect!! Fabulous job. I never went to the beach last week but I had a lovely weekend ;) take care!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You have scored all around with this gorgeous spring creation! Good luck with your challenges.

Corrie said...

Great job love how you did this

Unknown said...

Great take on the challenge with the die cuts, tag and colors. Very creative.

Gaylynn said...

Such a sweet tag with all the colorful tulips. I think it's perfect for the sketch & color challenge. Great paper too. :)

Corrie said...

Beautiful I love how use did the color challenge

Michelle said...

Love your card! So pretty!

Heather said...

A stunning card, a great design and I love your rainbow of chevrons - stunning!!!

Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Mary said...

Hi Lindsey! Love your card and how you used the colors.

Gwen said...

What a pretty card & that paper is PERFECT for the color challenge!

Glenda J said...

Really pretty Lindsey! Love the patterns you used. Great tag too.

Anonymous said...

I really like the text tag going one way and the patterned paper stripes the other. Your combination of patterns and colours is lovely.

Are you seeing signs of spring yet?
Heather

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Lovely spring card!! Great take on the challenge

Lisa Arana said...

what a super sweet card. fabulous use of the challenges! I love all the great sprint images and that tag is darling.

veronica said...

love your chevrons! great colors.

Jessi Fogan said...

I love it! In fact, I think it's so sweet ;)

Jen W. said...

That rainbow paper is fabulous! Love the tulips stamped over the text on the tag too. Really awesome card!
I entered this challenge last month but they never seemed to post a winner. Or did I just miss it somewhere?

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lindsey! Thanks for linking this up to the Chevron Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)