Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Pointed Post

It's Wednesday, and... wait? What's that you say? It's the last day of July? How is that possible? A few days in Ottawa, ten days in B.C. and an amazing weekend-long summer student work reunion and the month is over? Wow. :D 
Back to the topic at hand. It's Wednesday, and that means a new challenge at Crafty Creations Challenges. This week we are asking you to add an arrow to your card or other crafty project. Our teammate and Close to My Heart consultant Jaime is offering a terrific prize this week, and also generously sent some stamped images to the design team members to use. She sent me a sentiment that was just what I needed to make a birthday card for a certain person in my life. 



The sentiment of course made me think of Broadway musicals, so the music panel, sponged with pastels (a new love!) came first, followed by a few elements to set off the sentiment.
It's fun to see the different ways arrows can be incorporated into a design, so be sure to check out the rest of the design team's creations, then show us yours! 

Supplies: white, mauve & blue cardstock, Local King Rubber Stamp music background, Paper Smooches A Little Lovin' & Close to My Heart sentiment stamps, Memento tuxedo black Versafine onyx black & Memories passion red inks, Zing! clear & Ranger ruby red embossing powders, Stampin' Up pastels, small heart punch, Studio Calico wood veneer, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, I love that sentiment! Awesome :) And pastels, hmmm? Now to dig around for some arrows.

Heather said...

I love how you make CAS look so elegant and wonderful. Wish you lived closer so you could give me some hints...or at least yell at me to STOP, enough is enough! LOL Great card this week.

Anna-Karin said...

Love this one. Take care.
Hugs
Anna-Karin

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Lindsey...I'm popping by to tell you that I love this card! I usually don't attempt clean and simple because when I do it's a disaster! LOL But this is simply fantastic! Great Job!
Tracey

Chris Dring said...

Gorgeous card Lindsey! Guys and Dolls is one of my favorite musicals and your card really did it justice!

Anonymous said...

That is a sweet sentiment and your layout is wonderful. I need to head downstairs and pull out my music stamp again and get creating.
Heather T

Unknown said...

So pretty! I love the strip of music pattern and the cluster of elements.

Lisa Arana said...

oh, how neat and so pretty! gorgeous card dearie.

Emily Leiphart said...

I love this card! That is a great sentiment and wonderful way to embellish it!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! Love the sponged music notes and those shiny lips!