Friday, October 11, 2013

SPARKS Time!

It's only (at last?) Friday -- happy Friday, and happy start to a long weekend if you're Canadian! -- and I already have a Paper Smooches SPARKS card for this week's challenge! What makes that more amazing is that I wasn't really feeling the Trend Watch this week:



Lace just wasn't calling to me. But then when I was tidying some of my stash yesterday, I happened across my supply of crocheted mats -- handmade by my talented buddy and Drunken Stampers teammate Jessi -- and an idea was born. 



The crocheted edge counts as lace in my books, but I also paired it with some lacy patterned paper. I really like the soft pink and grey colour scheme, with the pastel "squeals". I offstamped the yellow one first to soften it appropriately.
This card is also going into the current Simon Says Stamp challenge... to use a rubber or clear stamp. 
And since it's only Friday, this could be your reminder to make something for this week's challenge! Unless, like me, the rest of your weekend is already filled with family, and turkey, and pumpkins...

Supplies: white & Stampin' Up pink pirouette cardstock, Echo Park Just Married patterned paper, Paper Smooches Party Posse stamps, Memento gray flannel Luxe, angel pink, lulu lavender, new sprout & dandelion inks, Zing! clear embossing powder, watercolour pencils, crocheted mat, Spellbinders circle die, Creative Memories corner-rounding punch

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

So sweet, Linds! Look at all that lace. Damian would certainly squeal over this card! :D

Houses Built of Cards said...

Oh how SWEET! I just want to squeeze his cute little cheeks!!! LOVE the sentiment repeated around him! So fun! So glad you joined us this week at Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Jessi Fogan said...

eeek! Thank you so much :) I so love what you did with it - and that hamster :)

Heather said...

Such an adorable card Lindsey, I love the colour scheme, a sweet image and your crocheting is wonderful!!!

Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Jamie said...

This card made me smile, so cute. Thank you so much for joining us this week for the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge:)

Lisa Arana said...

eeeeek, this card makes me squeal. LOVE.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

For not hearing lace call you-- I think you've nailed this trend! I LOVE the idea of using the crocheted mat!! I totally need to use some of mine!! LOVE that lace paper! Technically, you nailed lace 2x!!! FAB:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge! Hope you will play along with us this week for our sketch challenge <3

Unknown said...

fabulous! jessi's crocheted mats are so pretty! love your take on the challenge!