Friday, November 29, 2013

Baby SPARKS!

Friday, and I have a Paper Smooches SPARKS card already! This week is a photo inspiration challenge. 

  
Here's what I took from this pretty photo:

  • from the balloons, I was inspired to make a bokeh-style background
  • the background colour gave me the shade for my "ground"
  • the couple reminded me of a "paired" Paper Smooches stamp
Put all that together with a desire to make a baby card, and here's how it all came together:



It may not resemble the inspiration pic, but at least I explained how I got from there to here. The elephants are stamped and embossed on watercolour paper and coloured with distress markers. I used my sponge daubers to make the background, and added a bit of Glossy accents on a little punched heart to add some shine. 
Hope you have a great weekend planned! 

Supplies: white & teal cardstock, Canson 140 lb watercolour paper, Paper Smooches A Little Lovin' stamps, Memento Luxe gray flannel, Memento teal zeal, canteloupe & tangelo inks, Wow clear embossing powder, distress inks, small heart punch, Glossy Accents, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Chris Dring said...

OMGee! Your card is too stinkin' adorable! What a fantastic take on this picture!

Heather said...

Love this card and the cutest little elephant stamp I've ever seen. I love it!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! Look at your shading and coloring, Lindsey! I LOOOOOOVE it! LOVE that bokeh-style background! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!

ps... our challenges start on Sunday and end on Saturday now!!! Winners will be posted on Mondays:) This week's challenge is SUPER easy-- ANYTHING goes!! Hope you join in the fun <3

Wida said...

this is probably my favorite stamp set of PS. and the polka bokah is pretty darn fabulous! you did a great job :) thanks for playing PSS!

Alice said...

awww… this is so sweet! darling card! thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge!

Jessi Fogan said...

That's the whole idea...inspiration, whichever weirdo nutjob road it takes you down :P Genius!

Emily Leiphart said...

Super sweet, Linds! Loving the bokeh background. Jessi's comment made me laugh. LOL