Saturday, November 16, 2013

Bird-Day SPARKS

Happy Saturday! In my little corner of the world, it's even been a somewhat warm and occasionally sunny day. :D And I made a sunny-day birthday card for this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS Designer Drafts sketch challenge. 



I think I've used this cheery little bird from Birthday Buddies more than any other Paper Smooches stamp. He's just so happy! I stamped him on watercolour paper, coloured him with distress markers, cut him out and layered him on the scalloped circle. The Nirvana cloud background is embossed in snowflake embossing tinsel. The yellow mat behind the clouds? Yes, I had to trace my die and cut that out by hand; the next size die looked much too big.
Did you notice? I'm a whole day ahead of this week's SPARKS deadline! Woohoo! And that means you still have a day to link up a card, too. 

Supplies: white, blue & yellow cardstock, Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies stamps, Brilliance graphite black, Memories passion red & Versamark inks, Zing clear embossing powder, Ranger snowflake embossing tinsel, distress markers, Spellbinders circle, scalloped circle & reverse wonky dies, Paper Smooches lemon twine, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

OMG, this is so pretty, Linds! You're really working your magic with those distress markers. I LOVE the clouds background stamp in gold. It highlights the beautifully watercoloured bird!

Jessi Fogan said...

Holy carp, a whole day early? You've thrown off my whole week now. Harumph.
I LOVE this - the twine wrapped around the mat, and the bird in red. Why do I always colour it yellow?

Jocelyn Olson said...

As soon as I saw the awesome bird in red, I knew it was your card, Lindsey! I love the cloud background, and your trimming of the die to make a mat is perfect. Oh, and I love your blog background. ;) Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

Chris Dring said...

Crap! You're a day early? LOVE your card Lindsey! I have that set but really need to ink that cute birdie. This is such a fabulous card!

Lisa Arana said...

Ha, you guys are so funny. You've thrown everyone off by being early! Lol.

LOVE this card. That red birdie just pops off the page! Fabulous card.

Handmade in Israel said...

Arrived here from Wendy's blog. This is such a cute card!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oeh, I really like this one, Lindsey! Love the bird and I love the bright color that you gave him! Fun card!!
Hugs, Wendy

Jen W. said...

You always rock that birdie and I must say he looks especially fabulous in red! (Nice shading by the way). The cloud background rocks and I know what you mean about some of those Spellbinders dies - they need a size in between for most of them!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I LOOOOOOOOOVE that cloud background, Lindsey! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your coloring for that bird too! FAB x10000000! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!

ps... super sorry I'm so behind in leaving a comment!!!