Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Holidays at Crafty Creations Challenges

At Crafty Creations Challenges, we want to help you get ready for the upcoming holidays! This week, we are looking for your Christmas or (American) Thanksgiving cards or other handcrafted creations. Our former teammate Deena, through her Etsy shop A Creative Need, is sponsoring this week. I used her beautiful Christmas Wreath with Bow image.



I do like that you can heat emboss a digital image printed on vellum. In this case, I printed on green vellum and embossed with gold. I die cut a window in both the raised panel and the card base to take full advantage of the translucent property of the vellum. Gold square brads in the corners hold the vellum to the cardstock without worrying about using adhesive that might show. 
If you need a last-minute Thanksgiving craft, or are hard at work on your Christmas cards, why not join us this week? 

Supplies: Stampin' Up very vanilla cardstock, green vellum, A Creative Need christmas wreath with bow image, pirate gold embossing powder, Spellbinders circle die, $ store square brads, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so elegant and beautiful, really festive card. Have a nice day!
Anna

Anonymous said...

Very classy, Lindsey. I especially like the gold square brads.
Heather

Heather said...

Well, blow me over. I didn't know that I could heat emboss a digital image. Learn something new every day. Now I can't wait to try it. I'm assuming you use an inkjet printer? Gorgeous card. I was trying to figure out how you used a digi from A Creative Need.

Chris Dring said...

Shut the front door! Had no idea that you can heat emboss a digital image on vellum. Thanks for the heads up! Lindsey, you card is just gorgeous! Love it!

Jessi Fogan said...

Me too I didn't know you could emboss digis on vellum! Now I really have to get more vellum :) I love how it looks like 2 shades of green with the cut-out behind :)

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! So how quickly do you have to get the embossing powder onto the vellum before the ink dries? And does the vellum warp a lot?