Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Poinsettias

Every once in a while, I see a stamp set that speaks to me. Of course, what it says is, "you NEED me". Often I resist, but when I saw the new WPlus9 set Pretty Poinsettias in use, it had to be mine. Here's my first card using the set:




You will just have to believe me when I tell you that the colours are even richer in real life. I wanted to really showcase the flowers, so left the rest of the design simple. I used four layers of stamps on each poinsettia -- thank goodness they're clear! I also really like that you don't have to be exacting, they still look good even if all the layers aren't precise. I am going to have so much fun with these stamps! 
I'm going to link this up to Simon Says Stamp's current "Anything Goes" challenge. Don't be surprised if you see more poinsettias here in the next month or so! 

Supplies: white, green & Recollections gold cardstock, WPlus9 Pretty Poinsettias stamps & dies, Versamark, Memento ladybug & bamboo leaves, Stampin' Up riding hood red, Colorbox evergreen & Brilliance galaxy gold inks, clear embossing powder, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Chris Dring said...

GASP!! Lindsey! This is stunning! Wow, what a gorgeous card!

Annie said...

Stunning card Lindsey....so stunning and effective.

TFS Annie x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Lindsey, so elegant and striking.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Jessi Fogan said...

WOW! So much depth with the different shades of red - ack, now this stamp set is talking to me too :P
I love the simple layout too - so eye-catching!

Unknown said...

this is perfect!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is the ultimate classic holiday card, Linds! It's beautiful!