Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Drunken Stampers Go to the Diner

Hooray, it's the weekend! Saturday means it's time for a new Drunken Stampers challenge, and this week the Yellow Canary team are hanging out at the local diner.



Luckily, there's an alternate challenge of anything food or food-related, since I came up blank on a diner-related card. (But not my teammates! Wait till you see some of their cards!) Possibly to compensate, I have two samples to show you today. My first project is very food-related:



Paper Crafts Magazine was nice enough to offer this free digital image at exactly the right time! I just happened to have a few homemade chocolate chip cookies that I could use as a stand-in for the Christmas baking that hasn't started yet. 
Next, I went back to first principles... food production:



There are exceptions, I know, but a lot of the food we eat has to be grown first, so that's where I went for my second project. Interestingly, a couple of birthdays ago, a friend gave me this seed packet stamp set, while another friend gave me Papertrey Ink's Garden Variety set. And I've combined the two of them here. 
Make sure you check out today's Drunken Stampers post for some mouth-watering inspiration! 

Supplies: (tag) white, manila & Stampin' Up real red cardstock, Paper Crafts magazine digital image, Spellbinders circle & Papertrey Ink tag sale #4 dies, $ store ribbon; (card) Canson 140 lb watercolour paper, Stampin' Up old olive cardstock & patterned paper, TPC Studio victory garden & Papertrey Ink garden variety stamps, Memories black & black soot distress inks, distress markers, Papertrey Ink garden variety & Spellbinders circle dies, pop-dot tape


Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Great job on the challenge, what a lovely cookie tag, I have one for Banana bread. Those seed packets are so cute and the garden tools too. Fantastic job!

Chris Dring said...

Mmmmm....cookies! Your treat bag is making me hungry and your card is fabulous!

Donna said...

Ohhh those cookies look yummy!!!
Great projects for the challenge Lindsey!!

Heather said...

Sure wish I lived closer so I could get one of those cookie packages. Love the tag shape also.

Karen Schroeder said...

Love them both! The card is great, but since the cookies look so yummy, the tag is my favorite!

Jessi Fogan said...

I want cookies.
How cool is that that you got such perfectly coordinated gifts? Too fun :)

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Great job on both.

Jen W. said...

Mmmmm! I could go for one of those cookies right now! Love the sweet little tag!