Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Drunken Stampers Use Chipboard

Please come back after 8am for a surprise blog post

The start of a new weekend, and the start of a new challenge at Drunken Stampers!


Chipboard! Or grungeboard, if that's more your thing. Neither of them are particularly my thing, but it doesn't mean I don't have some tucked away in my stash. In fact, a few years ago I purchased a Stampin' Up Christmas kit that included several sheets of precut chipboard. I pulled a chipboard star from the collection and got to work. 


Now I know that gesso and glimmer mist don't actually play nicely together. Huh. So thought two was glitter. And I had some new sticky embossing powder to play with. (Thanks, Em!) Now that worked really well. At the end of the cardmaking process, there truly wasn't glitter everywhere! Just a few places. Not even glitter on the cat! I count that as a success. Once I had my chipboard piece ready, I just had to decide what to do with it. I decided it would make a fun focal element in a freestyle collage card. A stamped tag, a couple of cardstock elements, washi tape and sparkly gold stars managed to keep my collage still relatively clean and simple. 
Check out all the fun ways my fellow designated designers have used chipboard this week, then come and join our crafting cocktail party! 

Supplies: Stampin' Up naturals ivory and old olive cardstock, pale gold pearl paper, Unity winter delivery tag, Stampin' Up old olive ink, clear embossing powder, Stampin' Up chipboard star, Ranger sticky embossing powder, Martha Stewart crystal coarse glitter, KaiserCraft Turtle Dove collectables die cuts, May Arts jute twine, Recollections washi tape, star punch

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous card, way to use that chipboard star as the focal point. I don't particularly get excited over chipboard either but I am inspired by your use of it.. Love the washi tape, I just found some animal print washi tape at the Dollarama last night.

Donna said...

Heyyyyyyyyyyy I have that SAME chipboard Christmas set from SU!! LOL thanks for the idea. Now I know what I can do with it!
Fantastic collage card and I am all over that washi tape!

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

You guys should love chipboard more! Grunge board smells funny.

I love your Christmas collage. The images are all fab!

Chris Dring said...

A big glittery chipboard star! Yay! Love your card Lindsey!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Very cute card. Well done.

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, great freestyle card! The sticky embossing powder looks amazing on that chipboard star. I'm glad Cricket didn't get glitter all over herself. :P

Jessi Fogan said...

This is awesome! Love the glitter non-mess (going to have to check that stuff out!)
It feels good to finally be done with the blog hop to end all blog hops so that I can get back to my regularly scheduled commenting :)