Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pink Christmas

Given the events in Ottawa today, it seems trivial to be writing a blog post about a card. However, as the card is for a good cause, I decided to go ahead. 


Let me say right off the top, pink is not really my colour. Red, definitely; pink, not so much. However, the generous people behind the challenge blog Jingle Belles, Stephanie and Lauren, are not only looking for pink Christmas cards, but they will also donate to breast cancer research for every card posted to their site. So pink it is. 


I've had my background made for days, but further inspiration wasn't exactly flowing. Then I realized, oh look, the challenge ends today. Nothing better than a deadline to get ideas flowing. ;) I decided to go all-out pink:


Neon pink, to be exact. I was striving for a little bit of a retro look as well. I used the falling snow stencil with some silver glitter paint before washing over it with Twinkling H2Os. The silver snow, trees and holiday cheer sentiment are all raised with pop dots. 
Pink not being in my usual Christmas palette, I'm also adding this to the current Merry Monday challenge to use non-traditional colours. 
If you are too late for the pink Christmas card challenge, why not check out the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers pink Halloween challenge? Guaranteed fun! ;) 


Supplies: Neenah solar white cardstock, pink cardstock, watercolour paper, Stampin' Up silver glimmer paper, Gourmet Rubber Stamps holiday cheer stamps, Hero Arts neon pink ink, Simon Says Stamp falling snow stencil, PSX silver glitter 3D paper paint, Twinkling H2Os, Spellbinders circle die, Paper Smooches Borders 1 die, pop-dots

Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Diane said...

Fab color!! My favorite!

Amanda G said...

That explains the pink...only saw the thumbnail in my feed. I've thought of doing pink, but can't break with tradition. :)

Heather said...

Grandma had a pink (although a bit subtler than yours) and silver Christmas tree when I was growing up. You took me down memory lane. Love the look. Yes, deadlines usually get us creating, don't they?

Jessi Fogan said...

Ah, the last minute. My favourite source of inspiration! This is awesome - that background is just fabulous, and I love the neon!

Bonnie said...

Great background and pretty pink trees! Love the bit of silver glitter to make it sparkle! Thanks, Lindsey, for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Love the pretty pink Christmas card and sparkly snow! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday!

SmilynStef said...

I would have to say you rocked the retro Christmas vibe ... so glad you went *PINK* with us at Jingle Belles.

Becca Cruger said...

Just so cute! It would make anyone's day bright and merry!

Thank you for your sweet and supportive comments. It means so much.

Claire Broadwater said...

WOW! I love this beautiful pink card! It is so bright and cheerful! XX

Anonymous said...

I love to wear pink but it is rarely the key colour in one of my cards. Your neon trees work brilliantly and the sparkly snow is pretty with pink.