Monday, June 1, 2015

Naughty or Nice... It Can Be Sketchy


It's Naughty or Nice sketch time! I like this sketch: basic enough that it's easy to work with, but with a little flair to it, too. Of course, since we call ourselves troublemakers, I had to mess with it a bit... 


... but otherwise, it's not naughty at all. As soon as I saw the sketch, I thought of the grad card I wanted to make using this cute set from WPlus9. Although I have the dies as well, I wanted to mask the elements (mortarboard, cat and books) together so I could watercolour them. Shockingly, I got the masking right the first time! All cats are grey at the moment, because of this guy. Here's a close-up that also shows the embossed tassel a little better:


Wanting to use that particular sentiment, I had to switch from a long thin banner to an oval. Taking the oval off-centre was all me. ;) There are a few speckles from the embossing powder that I have regretfully decided I can live with (at least for now; I don't have to give this card away for a few weeks). I just don't have the level of hand steadiness required to brush off individual stray embossing powder atoms between letters. 
And because, after all, someone has to win, I'm entering this in the current Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge.
We'd love to see what you would do with this sketch, whether it's naughty or nice! And I'll be back in a few hours with a special guest designing post (eek!). 

Supplies: Bazzill marshmallow cardstock, Strathmore watercolour paper, Prima Introspection patterned paper, WPlus9 Smart Kitty stamps, Versamark & Versafine onyx black inks, pirate's gold embossing powder, distress markers, Spellbinders oval die, Pilot gold fine-line marker, pop-dot tape


Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card: such a cutie! Great take on the sketch, its always fun to shake things up a little, Jo x

Leslie Hanna said...

I love a good sketch, and I see each one as a challenge to change it and still be recognizable. Troublemakers, for sure!

Such a cute kitty!

jenn shurkus said...

what a great grad card!! :) Thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Jessi Fogan said...

Of course all cats are grey! I've coloured a few grey lately too and it's all his fault :) Love this cuteness!

Deepti said...

Awww so very cute!