Friday, July 24, 2015

DE-stress

This week the Shopping Our Stash challenge is asking us to visually interpret how we relax, or de-stress. The design team seems to have gone in for beaches big time, with a side of art therapy. For me the answer was immediate: 


Books have been my escape for as long as I remember. So it was entirely too easy to use this great blueprint image that my friend Angela stamped and sent me a while back. (Ang is likely thinking, "and about time, too!" :D) The book covers are done with watercolour pencils, and the pages and sponging with distress ink. The October Afternoon sticker was just the right sentiment. 
I'll be back bright and early tomorrow (thank goodness for post scheduling) with the latest fun Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge! 


Supplies: Stampin' Up garden green cardstock, Strathmore bristol paper, Tim Holtz books blueprint stamp, Memories black ink, antique linen distress ink, October Afternoon Public Library sticker

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

This is a wonderful card! I love your colors and the clean lines of your design! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Donna said...

Awesome card sistah! I am for sure taking a book along to the beach (ok really my Kobo so I have a bunch of books). Thanks for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew this week for our "De-Stress" challenge!

Anonymous said...

Books are a wonderful escape and de-stresser. I love your architectural stack!

Lisa Arana said...

I love this card linds!!! Books are my escape too and I love you coloring.

Heather said...

Love books myself...just don't seem to find the time anymore. Great coloring job.

Barbara Godden said...

Super card, love the idea of de-stressing with a good book. Fab. job.

Laura said...

Lindsey, I LOVE your book card! It's the 2nd book themed craft I've seen this week (saw a book fabric applique on clothing recently). I have to try and make something like this! I love reading books! Thanks for the fun card! Hugs, Laura

Jessi Fogan said...

Just absolutely beautiful! And so true, reading is a great escape :)

Leslie Hanna said...

After the beach, books would be my relaxing item. I only read at night, after I get into bed, as it helps me shut off my brain.

And of all the Tim Holtz blueprint stamps, I think this is my favorite. :)