Saturday, September 12, 2015

Moonlight and CASology

The current challenge at CASology is MOON. 



It was time to try sponging a night sky. And while my fingers might not have been left clean ;) and while my card might not be über CAS (clean and simple), there really is just the one focal point and few elements. That's my defence to the design team, at least. 


I used a dollar store cosmetic sponge to apply distress inks to my cardstock until I liked the result. I mixed a little glitter into some embossing paste before adding it through a stencil to my dried panel. I brushed some Perfect Pearls mist on the moon before die-cutting the sentiment. I love how the skyline turned out! It was a happy accident. I don't have my own skyline die, and none of the ones I'd cut at Emily's house were the right colour. This one is actually kraft cardstock sprayed with two grey mists, giving it a cool, post-industrial grime look. Or something. Other than drying time, this really was easy to make and I hope sneaks into the clean and simple category. ;) 

Supplies: Bazzill marshmallow cardstock, Strathmore mixed media paper, mermaid lagoon, faded jeans & chipped sapphire distress inks, Mr Huey's pinstripe & Tattered Angels graphite mists, homemade confetti Perfect Pearls mist, Spellbinders circle, Paper Smooches birthday words & ? skyline dies, Simon Says Stamp Falling Stars stencil, Dreamweavers glossy white embossing paste, Martha Stewart glitter, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Lindsey, I love the die cut sentiment in the moon...so cool in the starry sky above that awesome skyline! The Perfect Pearls adds such nice sparkle, too! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Jessi Fogan said...

This is stunning!!! And genius tip on altering the colour of the skyline :)

Dotty Jo said...

This is great, love it! Jo x

Jen W. said...

I am loving the "post-industial grime look"! :D Gorgeous sky too and the sentiment in the moon is a brilliant idea!

Jocelyn Olson said...

You are so clever to mist the kraft skyline! It turned out super cool! Love, love the sky and all of the details to make it shimmery. Great idea to mix glitter in the embossing paste!

Leslie Hanna said...

This is awesome! Now I want to get back into working on my night skies.

Love the grimy city-scape, too!

Heather said...

Love the starry night sky. And that skyline? Genius!! My misting hasn't been going too well lately.

Tracey McNeely said...

The skyline is the perfect setting for the stars and the moon Lindsey. Thank you for sharing at CASology this week!

Ardyth said...

How did I miss this! I love the negative die cut out of the moon and the beautifully sponged sky! Well done! See you Saturday! (and thanks for joining CASology last week!)

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! You know I enjoy the cityscape cards and yours is whimsical and dramatic with those lovely stars and supermoon!