Saturday, September 3, 2016

Caffeine Snark

It's time for a new Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge! 


C IS FOR CAFFEINE! Coffee and tea cards are hugely popular with stampers these days, and while it's true I may actually drink more tea than coffee, nothing says caffeine like good old coffee. So despite my lack of coffee-related images, I went the java route: 


The phrase that launched a thousand memes... and this is one coffee-related stamp I do own. What I don't have is a coffee-ring stamp. So I grabbed a small glass and my ground espresso distress ink. I smooshed the ink onto a craft sheet and misted with water before stamping with the glass. DIY coffee rings. I took the leftover ink and added some splatter. 
I'm going to add my card to the current {PIN}spirational Photo Challenge: it's definitely coffee-related, and my rings are reminiscent of the photo as well:


My sisters in snark are riding the caffeine buzz too, and have lots more inspiration for you to admire! Our latest Queen of Snark and guest designer, Michelle, is so wired she made two cards! Grab a cup and join in the fun! 

Supplies: Stampin' Up whisper white, real red, chocolate chip & kraft cardstock, Viva Las VegaStamps Drink Coffee & Basic Grey Tweet stamps, Versafine onyx black, Versamark & ground espresso distress inks, Zing clear & Wow white embossing powder, MFT Hot Cocoa Cups & Mama Elephant Femme Frames dies, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Mmmmmm, could just be my motto! Great card, Jo x

Michelle N. said...

That sentiment is so true! Love your coffee rings-I'll have to try those. And yes, I was (am) wired! Have a great day!

Donna said...

Ha ha that sentiment is great!
Love the coffee rings as well
A most excellent effort sistah!

Chris Dring said...

A most excellent card! Love that sentiment, and the perfectly executed ring stains!

Lynne in NI said...

Hahaha love that sentiment! Great idea for your coffee rings too :)

Barbara Godden said...

Love your card, great image and fabulous sentiment and probably true.

Jane Willis said...

What a great way of making the coffee rings, I'm going to have to try that (only perhaps with a wine glass....). Great card, fellow tea-lover
Jane

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Love the sentiment..never saw a meme with it though. Well done.

Tracey McNeely said...

The funniest coffee snark yet!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Thank you for entering your beautiful card in the {PIN}Spirational Challenge. I love the coffee rings!