Friday, September 23, 2016

Merry Reindeer

It's officially autumn now (insert sad face here) so I might as well make Christmas cards. The current Muse: ChristmasVisions card is by Cornelia



Isn't it cute? I was inspired by the trees, the dry embossing, the fun Christmas critter and the clean design with lots of white space. Here's what I ended up with: 


I switched the evergreens to birch trees; when I saw Cornelia's card, I decided to break out this birch tree die that I've had for eons but haven't used until now. My sweatered reindeer seemed to match the whimsy of the trees. I used a stencil to dry emboss snowflakes into the sky — normally I'd have coloured the sky blue, but I wanted to emulate Cornelia's white space. I managed to use three different embossing powders on this card! Clear, white, and sparkle for the sentiment.  


Supplies: white & Stampin' Up smokey grey cardstock, Bienfang bristol paper, Little Yellow Bicycle patterned paper, Hero Arts Christmas Reindeer & Holiday Conversation stamps, Versafine onyx black, Stampin' Up real red & Versamark inks, Zing clear, Hero Arts sparkle & Wow white embossing powder, Paper Smooches birch tree & MFT wonky stitch rectangle dies, Memory Box winter tiny snowflakes stencil, Zig clean colour brush markers, Winsor & Newton iridescent medium, Imagine Crafts Sparkle shimmer spritz, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh, your card is fantastic! Smiling all over my face when seeing this, what a cute reindeer and a great take on the Muse card!

Barbara Godden said...

So adorable, love that reindeer (you have inspired me to give my set some love.) great case of the muse.

Dotty Jo said...

What a beauty! Love his little sweater! Jo x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awesome CASE - love the red splash from your speech bubble and that cutie-patootie reindeer! Thanks Lindsey, for playing along with us at MCV!

Heather said...

So nice to see sweater reindeer again; he looks delightful in his wintry environment.

Marilyn said...

Fantastic card, Lindsey. I have the same reindeer stamp ... just love his expression. Wonderful rendition of Cornelia's card.

Ardyth said...

Love how you got all the elements of Cornelia's card, but made it your own! So glad you joined us at MCV this week!

Jen W. said...

I love that HA reindeer! I ordered that set once with a gift certificate I'd won and they sent me snowmen instead. :( Ill just enjoy it through your adorable card instead. :) And we can swap places for a while if you like. After a gorgeous, cool start to the week the heat is back on. Blech!