Thursday, November 24, 2016

Tag, Day 24


It's the 24th day of the 25 Days of Christmas Tags event! What will I do with all my free time once this is over? ๐Ÿ˜‚ In the meantime... I decided to pick Jeanne Jachna's pretty tag as my inspiration today. Going with a snowman and a snowy background, here's my version: 


I hadn't played with my watercolour powders for what seemed like a long time, so after clear-embossing a flurry of snowflakes at the top of the tag, I used a blue powder for my sky. While that dried, I stamped, embossed and watercoloured this little snowman. I die cut a couple of snowhills and layered them at the bottom of the tag before adding my snow guy. I really need to remember that Stickles are water-based and really don't work well when I've watercoloured something. ๐Ÿ™„ A second coat of them on the hat trim minimized the bleeding. 

Supplies: Stampin' Up real red cardstock, Strathmore watercolour paper, Hero Arts Snow Much Joy, Decorate You & Get Merry stamps, Versamark & Versafine onyx black inks, Ranger clear & Wow white embossing powders, Zig clean colour real brush markers, Magenta Nuance cerulean blue watercolour powder, Papertrey Ink tag sale #2 & MFT scenic safari dies, Lawn Fawn mistletoe hemp cord, May Arts ribbon


Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute snowman, great job with the watercolouring background, yes we need to remember these "little" mistakes and not repeat them over and over LOL. One more day.