Saturday, July 15, 2017

Reminder: Purchase More Shoes


Look at the calendar... it's the middle of July! And apart from a few days here and there, I'm still waiting for SUMMER. In the meantime, might as well stay inside and make cards. To be honest, on nice days, I will take my stuff outside on the deck. Especially good for messy techniques, such as the one I used for my mid-month reminder card for Naughty or Nice Challenges


How fun is this stamp from Riley & Co.? I fully planned to use it on my first challenge card, but didn't seem to have the right ideas for it. Then I saw the current CAS Mix Up challenge, to use tissue paper on your card. I did watch the first minute or so of Loll's video on watercolour tissue techniques, but really wanted to just play. So I found some tissue paper, grabbed a few watercolour powders, and ran with it. On some butcher paper, I tapped the powders then spritzed with water before laying the tissue paper on top. The translucency of the tissue allows you to see a bit of what you're doing, so I smushed the tissue around till it looked like I had good coverage. Of course, that meant my fingers had good coverage as well, as the colours soaked through the thin paper. Shouldn't watercolour come off with water? 😂 


Next I used a brayer to add a thin layer of gesso to some white cardstock and adhered my (now dry) tissue. I stamped and sparkle embossed my image then die cut it into the notebook shape. I also have the shoe as a slightly larger, stand-alone image, so stamped it randomly on the white matting layer. 
So all this is to remind you that the Naughty or Nice shoe challenge runs for another ten days! Whether it's naughty or nice, come and play along! 
(P.S. My other choices for CAS Mix Up are heat embossing and die cutting.) 


Supplies: white & Stampin' Up basic grey cardstock, tissue paper, Riley & Co. PMS & Shoe stamps, Versafine onyx black & Memento London fog inks, Hero Arts clear sparkle embossing powder, Papertrey Ink notebook & MFT Blueprints 24 stitched rectangle die, Magenta Nuance berry, cerulean blue & wisteria watercolour powders, Claudia Helmuth white gesso, pop-dot tape
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is great, Lindsey! You've come up with just the right way to use that gorgeous stamp and no mistake. My effort is still drying, so will post tomorrow... Damn you glitter glue! Jo x

Loll said...

Your watercoloured tissue paper panel is such beautiful colours, Lindsey. Great sentiment to go with your shoe image! So fun! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Bonnie said...

What a fun card, Lindsey! Your watercolored tissue paper is beautiful and the shoes and sentiment have me smiling! Wish I could wear shoes that that! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Susan said...

I would love to give this card to my youngest sister - it would be so perfect for her!! Love the colours you used - great work on the tissue paper! Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!