Monday, September 4, 2017

Otterly Awesome!


Day 4 of the Daily Marker 30 Day Colouring Challenge, and today Emily, Angela and I are all using the stamp set Otterly Awesome. Lots of sweet images to colour in this set, but I kept it simple and picked the large single otter and a clam for him to hang onto. 


I mixed things up a bit by forsaking my Zigs in favour of distress inks for the otter, as I knew I wanted a deep brown that wouldn't go too "pinky" as I blended it out. For the clam, I used grey and green Twinkling H2Os, and for some extra shimmer added a coat of iridescent medium. You can also see my shimmery background, again using Twinkling H2Os. After I took this picture, I decided my splatters were a bit too obvious and watered them down a little bit. I added my sentiment to a small panel and put it all together. 


I _almost_ didn't use my blue panel, because brown and blue together are one of my least favourite pairings. But he's an otter, so I relented and gave him back his water.
September's CAS Mix up Challenge is to use a watercolour wash, so this is going there. (I also stamped, heat embossed, used patterned paper, Glossy Accents for a few water bubbles and die cuts on this.)  And I think this is my final entry for the current Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Wednesday challenge. 




 
Supplies: white cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, Studio Calico Memoir patterned paper, Essentials by Ellen Otterly Awesome stamps & dies, Versamark onyx black & ground espresso & pumice stone inks, Ranger clear embossing powder, Twinkling H2Os, Winsor & Newton iridescent medium, MFT wonky stitched rectangle die, pop dot tape

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is adorable, Lindsey! I love how you've colored this otter and he's perfect on the blue background! Great dimension with the blue watercolor wash! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Virginia L. said...

Otterly awesome! Love the inking of the background with the darling Otter image! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Loll said...

So sweet!! Love that adorable otter. Great job with your watercolour background, Lindsey. I think the brown and blue is a fantastic colour combination!! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute otter, fabulous job love the background and brown and blue are two of my fav. pairings. Your card make me want to seek out where my twinkling H20's are.