Wednesday, September 6, 2017

The Grumplings Have a Birthday!

Taylored Expressions is celebrating its NINTH birthday! And they are celebrating with a sketch challenge with lots of prizes, including a chance to be a guest designer... 


Who was I to pass up such a chance? ;) I grabbed Party Grumplings and got to work.  (I have an extra soft spot for the Grumplings, since they are designed by my talented Naughty or Nice teammate Danielle Lounds!) 


I simplified the sketch a bit for a more clean and simple style, but the main elements are there. The grumpy squirrel is watercoloured, and I added some Wink of Stella around his sparkler. I matted my guy in the same blue tone as the sequin stars, which have some silver Stickles in them, just for fun. 
I'll be back later with today's effort for The Daily Marker 30 Day Colouring Challenge. Yes, I coloured my squirrel, but Emily, Ang and I didn't have a Grumpling scheduled... not for today, at least... 

Supplies: navy, Bazzill marshmallow & Papertrey Ink soft stone cardstock, Strathmore mixed media paper, Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine patterned paper, Taylored Expressions Party Grumplings stamps, Versafine onyx black ink, Ranger clear embossing powder, Zig clean colour real brush markers, Spellbinders circle dies, clear glitter Wink of Stella marker, Studio Calico navy star sequins, silver Stickles, pop dot tape

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Barbara Godden said...

Love those grumplings, awesome job and great use of the sketch.