Thursday, February 1, 2018

Blow Out the Candles...

It's Thursday, and that means there's a new Seize the Birthday challenge starting! Our new optional topping theme is CANDLES


If candles aren't your thing, any birthday-related project will do. I wanted to put a cake with my candles, which led to a long process for what should have been a straightforward card. But here it is: 


Someday I will find the perfect cake stamp. (I have a few of those: the perfect Santa is another ongoing quest. Of course what's perfect for me may not be perfect for you; personal opinion is funny that way.) In the meantime, I went through what I had, and this Unity cake stamp is my largest. I masked off the candles (there are only five, and three of them are solid — I didn't want brown candles!) and the "eat cake" sentiment in the top layer. (I think next time I will use the cake upside down; the *frosting* makes more sense to me that way.) I added as many candles as I could. ;) 
I hope Nancy doesn't mind that I've decided to appoint myself the comic relief member of the design team whenever possible. :D  
Everyone on the Seize the Birthday team has a different interpretation of our candles theme, including our current guest designer, Kristie, so be sure to check them all out! If you need to make a birthday card, consider putting candles on it (or not!) and join us! 
P.S. This is my second post of the day! My contribution to the new Naughty or Nice challenge can be found here. 

Supplies: white & blue cardstock, Stampin' Up real red glimmer cardstock, American Crafts Hip Hip Hooray patterned paper, Unity Eat Cake, Hero Arts Irreverent Birthday & Paper Issues/Snarky Stamps Ahh Birthday stamps, Versafine onyx black, Brilliance coffee bean & squeezed lemonade distress inks, Ranger clear & Hero Arts sparkle embossing powder, Copic markers, watercolour pencils, MFT blueprints 24 & Taylored Expressions champagne flutes dies, Wink of Stella clear glitter marker, Studio calico red star sequins, fun foam

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

TaeEun said...

Every element on this card is so delightful and fun, Lindsey! The layout is awesome as well!

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute card, love the lit candles and their glow. I have the perfect cake/candle stamp right on my desk. woohoo....now to find time as I'm still working on layers, fussy cutting, die cutting 8 atcs. lol.

JoAnn said...

Love your cute card with that cake and all the candles. Great card.

Nancy said...

You just make me laugh! Bring on that comic relief...Please!!!! Great card and I Love your punny sentiment too! I see what you mean about the frosting. I understand what you are saying about the "perfect" cake stamp. I have yet to find one! HUGS!

Dotty Jo said...

Great fun... Great touch of humour too! I've made my card for this challenge and just need to take a picture tomorrow, Jo x

Glenda J said...

We always appreciate your comic relief! I'm also on the hunt for a perfect cake, a perfect sun... I'm sure there's more. Fabulous card my friend! Great bright colours.